Friday, June 5, 2015

Meet my first love!



At first place, writing was not my first love. I didn’t have that much passion on writing and drafting sentences from scramble words on my head. It was the Art, Visual art, in general, that became my first-love. Sketching faces and various features, drawing wonderful things that I see, and putting those great emotions on my paintings, was my foremost passion. I was even chosen as cartoonist on our school-campus. And on my highschool days, I was known for my skills in drawing, painting, and sketching. However, it didn’t end up there.

Usually, I love to paint, particularlybeautiful landscapes. The feeling is different and extremely wonderful when I put vibrant colors of nature, and draw topsy-turvy shapes of; mountains, flowers, trees, white-sand, including the seas, on my blank white-bondpaper. Whenever I paint or draw amazing sceneries, I feel great specially when I see the good result of my art-work. It’s like having an awesome escapade on a certain place, eventhough I’ve never been there (haha, kinda hilarious… isn’t it?). And that’s how I fell in love deeply with Art.

Maybe, it’s the blood of art from my father’s artistic skill that runs on my veins. FYI, my father is truly an artistic-person himself. Typically, he’s pro in designing unique home-bases, and sketching different kinds of figures at a glimpse. By the way, he can also create fine-furniture (two wooden-chairs or three or more) in just two-weeks. And, Oh!—he’s no amateur when it comes in playing guitar (acoustic, bass, electric... name it!). It’s No wonder that I am that super-crazy in visual arts. Well, you know what they say—‘“like father, like daughter”!

On the other hand, the hobby for writing has just newly come in to me. I wasn’t that really enthusiast and an avid fan in black and whites. It’s in the college experience when I gained that interest for writing. Well, it’s probably because… as a college student, you’ll always get used to these hectic writing-assignments and other requirements, like (making of analysis, drafting for proposal research, and many more). I was merely unconscious that I have that little potential in writing(an itty-bitty little bit of writing skills or perhaps none). Until such time, I was encouraged to write when the moment came that my teacher in English 9 (Grammar & Composition) told me that I have the potential in writing. And so, I pursue that skill ‘till today.






For now… I am striving to improve my writing skills and put a passion to it. And hopefully, In Shaa Allah, it’ll be beneficial to me, soon, in terms of finding jobs and shall serve as my bridge to my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment